Please see below for up to date information regarding Covid19 procedures in Woldingham School and around the Pool area.
Any updates will be placed on this page in “Reverse Date” order as soon as we receive them.
COVID19 Update (05/01/2021)
Given last night’s announcment about Lockdown 3.0 AMES Sport Club have made contact with Woldingham School and can confirm that we will again be closed until Spring Half Term break (15-19Feb). If events dictate that we need to extend this current closure, then we will update our website.
COVID19 Update (07-11-2020)
AMES Swim School have now taken the decision to stay closed until January 2021 when we hope the Corona-virus situation will be better under control. Even with the current lockdown due to end in law on the 2nd December, there is a chance that further restrictions may be put in place making the work of restarting AMES Swim School just for the 2 weeks in December, (when we would have broken up for Christmas), logistically impractical.
All that is now left for AMES to do is wish you a very merry safe Christmas and to say that we are looking forward to seeing you all safe and well in January 2021.
COVID19 Update (14-09-2020)
Since people are asking us —
+ Woldingham School Pool is classed as a Tier-1 Business Premises and needs to follow the applicable rules.
+ AMES UK Swim School is exempt from the “Rule of 6” because we are a business delivering Sport Education and you are our members and have paid a fee in advance for this service.
+ Swimming may be great fun but what we do is thankfully not classed as a “Social Gathering”.
COVID19 Update (07-08-2020)
Woldingham School have released to us their Covid19 Protocols that they want us to follow. AMES of course will comply and enforce these rules.
1. All swimmers and spectators should use a pair of “pool shoes” (e.g. flip flops) when inside the pool building. The plastic overshoes which were often re-used will no longer be available. Your outdoor shoes must be removed once you enter the building to prevent other types of nasty bacteria and viruses entering the pool and being spread around the premises.
2. Bring your own hand sanitiser or antibacterial wipes if you want to wipe any surfaces down before you touch them.
3. Hand sanitiser will be provided outside the building for use on entry to the pool.
4. The shower curtains have been removed (the showers may also be placed out of action – this has yet to be decided).
5. Floor signage in line with government guidelines is in place – please follow them.
6. Directional signage has been placed in pool area and Covid posters placed on the main door.
7. Areas will be regularly fogged with disinfectant
8. Extra bins will be placed on the poolside for the disposal of any antibacterial wipes or tissues.
9. If your child or yourself are unwell, please stay home so we can all be safe and well.
COVID-19 UPDATE (23-03-2020)
Currently the pool at Woldingham Girls School has been closed. With the ever evolving situation surrounding this virus we have no outlook on when the pool will reopen nor when we will be allowed to start offering swimming lessons again.
The most current and up to date information can be found on our FaceBook Page.
AMES would like to thank you all for allowing us to teach your children to swim and sincerely hope that you will allow us to do so in the future once we can get back into the water.
Take care everyone. Look after yourself and stay safe. “Wash your hands”.